Sunday, October 26, 2008

There's a reason they call it personal

Get this ... I sat next to a fairly pleasant older (71 to be exact) gentleman at a charity event last night. We conversed all through dinner, then during dessert he started throwing up all over - not literally mind you, but figuratively. First, I heard how his engagement was called off last month. Next, I heard about how hard it is to find people on E-Harmony. Then, I heard how three girls dumped him last week. (Now I'm no relationship expert but maybe the dumping has something to do with the two-timing but what do I know) Finally, he threw down his napkin and exclaimed, "I don't need any desert, I need a woman. I'm getting out of here." And thus my evening ended as he got up and left. Which left me with only one thought - was it something I said?

This personal explosion doesn't even brush the surface of the woman on Friday night that found it necessary to tell me all about her sister's two abortions. I can't even get it to that one. Makes me grateful for two things: 1) I know what it means to keep something personal and 2) three people did not dump me last week.

2 comments:

Coach Lee said...

just reading this first post makes me so incredibly anxious for more to come...please keep them coming!

Jessie Lewis said...

Oh boy. Diana Moore has joined my world. Life just got that much better.